PaulDotCom Security Weekly - Episode 346 for Thursday September 19th, 2013
- Episode 350 of PaulDotCom will be recorded and streamed live on October 25, 2013. We are looking for submissions for technical segments, send them to psw -at - pauldotcom.com and we will pick the best ones to be featured on the show. We are looking for panel guests as well! Support our chosen charity: Wings For Warriors. This will be an all day event!
- We've released a book on Offensive Countermeasures! Visit tinyurl.com/OCM-Amazon to add this to your summer reading list.
- We are looking for sponsors for our weekly webcasts and shows. Contact paul -at- hacknaked.tv for details!
- The Stogie Geeks Show! - Kick some ash with the Stogie Geeks, Thursday nights at 9:00PM EST. Come have a cigar with us! If you are in the Rhode Island area please visit our sponsor the Havana Cigar Club, its an awesome place to have a drink! Make sure you print out your $5.00 off coupon here!
Guest Interview: Vivek Ramachandran
Vivek Ramachandran is a world renowned security researcher and evangelist. His expertise includes computer and network security, exploit research, wireless security, computer forensics, embedded systems security, compliance and e-Governance. He is the founder of Security Tube and Pentester Academy .
- Three words to describe yourself
- If you were a serial killer, what would be our weapon of choice?
- In a game of ass grabby-grabby do you prefer to go first or second?
- If you wrote a book about yourself, what would the title be?
- Stranded on a desert island, which tablet would you bring with you if you could choose only one: Android, iPad or Surface?
- 5 Tips to Protect Networks Against Shodan Searches - eSecurity Planet
- Installing Dropbox? Prepare to lose ASLR. | codeinsecurity
- Volvent Security R&D: Cloning an Infrared Disarming Remote of a Consumer Grade Home Security System
- "How did I get a root shell in my NAS
- Would you believe it? Women more in favour of porn filters than men
- "Apple DDOS? Nope
- NSA Contract With VUPEN Revealed
- Skimming made easier with hacked portable card payment machines
- Security researchers create undetectable hardware trojans
- Marissa Mayer does not lock her iPhone with a passcode- The Inquirer
- "Seagate to produce 5TB hard drive next year
- Apple's Fingerprint ID May Mean You Can't 'Take the Fifth'
- Black Hat Announces First Ever West Coast Trainings Event
- "IT Pros Lack Security Management Support
- Dropbox Opening your docs HoneyDocs a new tool from Marcus Carey aka threatagent found that when uploading files to dropbox it was opening the file with LibreOffice.
- Android User? Google might have your WiFi passwords Since Android 2.2 the ability to save and sync wifi passwords between Android devices.
- Java adds whitelisting into 1.7U40
- Mac OS pre 10.8.5 with config profiles expose passwords in clear text
- iOS 7 introduces activation lock
- Errata Sec scanned the internets for SSH
- Another iOS lock bypass bug
- Rolling Stone hackers article
- 10 Things to Never Say During a Presentation
- iPhone 5 and a severed finger
- Netflix uses pirate sites to decide what to carry
- How often do you sound the alarm? Too much? Too little?
- Another satisfied VUPEN customer...the NSA!
- Hidden Lynx, a new "hackers for hire" group identified by Symantec
- I like shells